Welcome to the UCF College of Education and Human Performance Luminary Society. The collective recognizes the generosity and vision of donors who have made gifts totaling $1,000 or more in the previous year. Research consistently validates that the most critical element in the learning equation is the teacher. Through their generous college support, Luminary Society members help prepare teachers, counselors, educational specialists, administrators, and other professionals upon whom our region, state, and nation depend.
Luminary Society members not only directly support the college in its mission, but serve as strong examples, inspiring philanthropy among alumni and friends of the college. Through their leadership, members create a powerful ripple effect that can dramatically increase the impact of their giving.
Joining the Luminary Society
Donors who contribute $1,000 or more annually are recognized as members of the Luminary Society. Their gifts help the college in the following areas:
- Support students' service-learning opportunities
- Offer need- and merit-based scholarships to deserving students
- Provide students with clinical training and research program opportunities
- Modernize classrooms with advanced technology
- Support research and outreach programs
- Recruit and retain top professors
- Honor faculty accomplishments