Early ESOL Field Experience*
Opportunity for the following majors:
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- English Language Arts Education
- Exceptional Education
Fulfill your required Early Field Experience with English language learners
by volunteering six (6) hours for the Orange County Public Library Soy Culto English class:
- Work with an adult ESOL student for a minimum of 2 hours per week
- The Soy Culto English instructor needs volunteers to help facilitate group activities
- There are no classes during Spring Break or Finals Week
- Classes are held at two branches each week...students are welcome to attend both weekly sessions
- Your internships do not guarantee fulfillment of this requirement…..take advantage of this opportunity!
- The Florida Department of Education guidelines allow institutions to meet the early ESOL field experience requirements with children or adults in ESOL programs, so this is a convenient way to stay in compliance with state rules, meet the requirements, and make a difference
For more information and to sign up, please contact Alison Youngblood at email@example.com.
*Note: This requirement can be found in your TESOL Notebook, under ESOL Performance Profile.