Internship II Guidelines
Internship II Eligibility
Each internship applicant is responsible for fully disclosing information pertaining to any previous arrests or adjudicated situations. Please make sure that you have carefully read the Disclosure of Background Information portion of the application before signing and submitting. If you have been fingerprinted for any purpose other than employment or military service, it must be indicated on the Disclosure of Background Information Form.
To be eligible for Internship II, students must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
- complete general education/common program pre-requisites;
- have passed all parts of the General Knowledge Test (GKT) and/or the CLAST;
- have passed all parts of the Florida Teacher Certification Examinations prior to the start of Internship II for students who are registered as Catalog Year 2014 or beyond;
- have achieved a “C” (2.0) or better in all prerequisite methods/ courses;
- meet any special departmental requirements;
- Students must be accepted into the College of Education and Human Performance at the time of application, possess an overall 2.5 GPA (Early Childhood 2.75) as well as a 2.5 (Early Childhood 2.75) GPA in professional preparation and specialization.
- Eligibility for internship is also outlined on the Clinical Experiences website in the Student Teaching Handbook: A Guide for Internship and Clinical Practice. Please refer to your specific program requirements in the university catalog.
- Meet course pre-requisites as outlined by your program guide or through a Summer Contract. Please consult with an advisor and our FAQ for more information
Registering for the Internship
Students are responsible for registering for the Internship course on myUCF. Course codes are found on the
Course Registration page.
Dropping the Internship
If you decide to withdraw from or delay your internship after turning in your application, you must fill out a Drop Internship Form (available in the Office of Clinical Experiences). Students are responsible for dropping the internship and any other related courses on myUCF. Refer to University deadlines.