Approved Educational Leadership Modified Core Program
This modified core is for students who hold master's degrees with a major other than educational administration, administration and supervision or educational leadership. Students who hold such master's degrees may complete UCF's modified core program in two ways:
- as a stand-alone non-degree program. These students should finalize their admission as a UCF non degree student in an Educational Leadership Alternate Certification program.
- as part of an Education Specialist (Ed.S.) or Doctoral Degree (Ed.D.) program in Educational Leadership. Students seeking admission into these programs must apply and be admitted to their respective program. Students interested in pursuing either an Ed.S. or Ed.D. program in Educational Leadership should review additional information on degree programs and admission requirements in the UCF graduate catalog and consult with an Educational Leadership faculty member for further information.
Following are the required classes in the Florida Educational Leadership Core Curriculum. These courses usually are offered all year round on the main campus while on a rotation on Regional Campuses. The courses may be taken in any order with the internship (EDA 6946) taken during the final term of a student’s program.
- EDA 6061 Organization and Administration of Schools
- EDA 6232 Legal Aspects of School Operations
- EDA 6240 Educational Financial Affairs
- EDA 6260 Educational Systems Planning and Management
- EDA 6931 Contemporary Issues in Educational Leadership
- EDS 6123 Educational Supervisory Practices I
- EDS 6130 Educational Supervisory Practices II
- EDA 6946 Administrative Internship
Total Minimum Hours Required (24)
Admission Requirements and Steps in Completion:
Requests should be submitted to:
Program Coordinator and Certification Officer:
Dr. Kenneth Murray c/o Program Assistant
Office: ED 222 K
- Students who wish to complete the Modified Educational Leadership Program only and who do not wish to pursue a degree option, should complete the online application for non-degree. Application information, relevant requirements and materials may be obtained using UCF's web site http://www.graduate.ucf.edu/gradonlineapp/
The details provided herein are interpretations of the College. Final decisions, interpretations, and certification approval are the province of the Florida Department of Education. For reference purposes, see State Rule 6A-4.0082, Specialization Requirements for Certification in Educational Leadership Administrative Class. You may contact the Florida Department of Education, Bureau of Educator Certification