12494 University Boulevard
Suite 115
Orlando, FL 32816


8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.



The Office of Graduate Affairs is available to help you with the graduate school process from admission through to graduation. Take some time to explore our graduate programs. Please be sure to check program specific administration requirements and deadlines.

Next Steps

1Explore Graduate Programs

2Ask Questions and Request Information


Admissions FAQs

For more in-depth information about admissions, review the answers to frequently asked questions.

Application Process: Graduate Certificate Program

What is required for admission to a graduate certificate program?

Admission to all graduate certificate programs requires the award of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.

How do I apply for admission?

Complete an online Graduate Application, Residency Form, and Health History Record by going to the following web site:

This web site includes all graduate application materials, required forms, information on financial assistance, and the complete UCF graduate catalog.

Click on APPLY ONLINE in the top right-hand corner of the web page and follow the instructions for completing and submitting your application online. Your application is not considered complete until you hit the SUBMIT button and include your online application fee payment of $30.00.

How do I send my transcripts to UCF?

If you are a graduate of a UCF undergraduate program, your transcript will be forwarded to the College of Graduate Studies and placed in your application file. All other transcripts must be requested by the applicant to be sent to the UCF College of Graduate Studies.

How soon will I have a decision on my application?

Admission recommendations are made on a weekly basis on COMPLETED FILES. You may expect to receive a letter from the College and an email from Graduate Studies regarding your admission status (acceptance, denial, or additional information required) generally within just a few weeks of submitting your application. You may monitor the status of graduate application by checking your Student Service Center account on:

What happens after I’m admitted?

When you are admitted to a graduate certificate program, you will be sent a letter identifying your faculty advisor’s name and contact information, as well as registration information and program guidelines.

When may I begin registering for courses?

If you are admitted to a graduate certificate program, you will be sent an email asking whether you ACCEPT or DECLINE the offer of admission. You will not be authorized to begin registering for courses (matriculated) until you respond to the email by accepting the offer of admission by logging onto your account at,

Because you are contacted by both your mailing and email addresses that you provide on your graduate application, please be sure that you keep both methods of contact current with the university.

May I take graduate courses before admission to a graduate program?

Students may begin taking graduate courses (up to 9 credit hours) while in a non-degree seeking status. This requires a separate online graduate application to NON-DEGREE SEEKING status. Courses taken before regular admission to a certificate program are considered post-bac credit and may count in a graduate degree program only with the consent of a faculty advisor.

If considering admission to a master’s degree at UCF, please be aware that only post-bac credits OR earned credits from a UCF graduate certificate program may transfer into a master’s degree program.

What if I change my mind and want to defer my graduate admission to UCF?

If you decide to delay your admission to another term or choose to apply for a different program or under a different status, you are asked to go back online and apply for the new program of choice and pay a new application fee. You will NOT, however, have to resubmit your undergraduate transcripts if they have already been received by the university.

What if I decide I want to change my graduate program?

If, after enrolling in a graduate certificate program, you decide to move into another program (change majors), this requires that you apply to the new program by going online to complete a new application. Again, you will not have to resubmit supporting credentials for the new application (unless required by the new program area) but you will be required to submit a new application and pay the $30.00 application fee.