12494 University Boulevard
Suite 115
Orlando, FL 32816


8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.



The Office of Graduate Affairs is available to help you with the graduate school process from admission through to graduation. Take some time to explore our graduate programs. Please be sure to check program specific administration requirements and deadlines.

Next Steps

1Explore Graduate Programs

2Ask Questions and Request Information


Admissions FAQs

For more in-depth information about admissions, review the answers to frequently asked questions.

Application Process: Master's Degree

What is required for admission to the master's degree?

Admission to all graduate programs requires the award of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. The minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) required is a 3.0. A second GPA is also calculated to meet this minimum admission standard by using just the last 60 hours of a student’s undergraduate program.

Some programs have additional admission requirements including submission of writing samples, candidate interviews, professional teacher certification, and/or relevant work experience. Please visit each program area website in the graduate catalog for the latest information on specific admission requirements:

Do I need the GRE for admission to a master's degree?

Admission to the following master’s degree programs in the College of Education and Human Performance does NOT require a GRE score (note, MA is Master of Arts, MAT is Master of Arts in Teaching, and MED is Master of Education):


All other graduate programs in the College of Education and Human Performance, including all EdS and EdD/PhD programs, require the GRE score as a standard of admission.

Please note that university fellowships and some graduate scholarships require a GRE score for applicant consideration.

Admission to all initial teacher certification programs requires either a minimum GRE score of 1000 or passing results on the GKT (General Knowledge Test).**

**A revised version of the GRE was implemented in August 2011. If you have taken this newer version of the GRE, view the concordance tables to determine scoring equivalence.

What is the difference between an MED and an MA/MAT program?

MED programs are generally designed for individuals who already hold a professional teaching certificate or are closely eligible for the teaching certificate. MA/MAT programs are designed for individuals who are seeking initial teacher certification, including enrollment in a supervised internship.

What is the FTCE and is this exam required for admission?

The FTCE is the Florida Teacher Certification Exam. Admission to all initial teacher preparation programs in the College of Education includes submission of passing scores on the GKT (General Knowledge Test), which is one section of this three part exam. If you attended a Florida institution for your bachelor’s degree and sat for and passed the CLAST (College Level Academic Skills Test) prior to July 2002, this score is acceptable in lieu of the GKT. No alternatives or waivers are accepted for this exam. A GRE score of 1000 or more will also meet this admission requirement.

How do I apply for admission?

Complete an online Graduate Application, Residency Form, and Health History Record by going to the following web site:

This web site includes all graduate application materials, required forms, information on financial assistance, and the complete UCF graduate catalog.

Click on APPLY ONLINE in the top right-hand corner of the web page and follow the instructions for completing and submitting your application online. Your application is not considered complete until you hit the SUBMIT button and include your online application fee payment of $30.00.

There are sections on the application which ask me to upload supporting documents that are not required by my program. What should I do?

The online application is a general application, not program specific. Please be advised that some sections may remain blank upon submission. Please refer to the graduate catalog for your program’s required documents. If you have any questions about your application requirements, please feel free to call the College of Education and Human Peformance, Graduate Affairs, 407.823.5369.

How do I send my transcripts to UCF?

If you are a graduate of a UCF undergraduate program, your transcript will be forwarded to the College of Graduate Studies and placed in your application file. All other transcripts must be requested by the applicant to be sent to the UCF College of Graduate Studies.

How do I register to take the GRE?

Registration for the exam may be accomplished by contacting:

Thomson Prometric Center
2301 Lucien Way Suite 170
Maitland, FL 32751
(407) 875-8118

OR you may contact the GRE testing organization directly
to have them register you locally:


Preparatory courses are offered through the UCF Division of Continuing Education: (407) 207-4920, Research Pavilion, Suite 265.

If I took the GRE years ago, will UCF still accept the score?

GRE scores are generally valid for up to 5 years. If you have a GRE score that is more than 5 years old, it may be considered for admission purposes by program faculty. You must have either the original score report or have the score posted to an official transcript in order for the score to be official for admission purposes. Please notify the College of Education and Human Performance, Graduate Affairs, (407.823.5369), if you have a GRE score that you would like reviewed by program faculty.

NOTE: GMAT scores may also be considered for admission to graduate programs in the College of Education and Human Performance. The minimum GMAT score required is 500.

How soon will I have a decision on my application?

Admission recommendations are made on a weekly basis on COMPLETED FILES. You may expect to receive an email from the College and an email from Graduate Studies regarding your admission status (acceptance, denial, or additional information required) generally within just a few weeks of submitting your application. You may monitor the status of your graduate application by checking your Student Service Center account on:

What happens after I’m admitted?

When you are admitted to a graduate program, you will be sent an email identifying your faculty advisor’s name and contact information, as well as registration information and program guidelines. You will need to make an appointment with your faculty advisor during your first term in the master’s program to plan out your program of study.

When may I begin registering for courses?

If you are admitted to a graduate program, you will be sent an email asking whether you ACCEPT or DECLINE the offer of admission. You will not be authorized to begin registering for courses (matriculated) unless you respond to the email by accepting the offer of admission by logging onto your account at,

Please be advised that you will be contacted by the email address that you provide on your graduate application. UCF Knights Email is the preferred method of correspondence through the university. For more information, please visit

May I take graduate courses before admission to a graduate program?

Students may begin taking graduate courses (up to 9 credit hours) while in a non-degree seeking status. This requires a separate online graduate application to NON-DEGREE SEEKING status. Courses taken before regular admission to a master’s program are considered post-bac credit and may count in a graduate degree program with the consent of a faculty advisor. Only grades of "B-" or better earned in a post-bac status may be used as transfer work in a graduate program at UCF.

What if I change my mind and want to defer my graduate admission to UCF?

If you decide to delay your admission to another term or choose to apply for a different program or under a different status, you are asked to go back online and apply for the new program of choice and pay the new application fee. You will NOT, however, have to resubmit your supporting application credentials if they have already been received by the university (transcripts, GRE/GMAT scores, references, and so on).

What if I decide I want to change my graduate program?

If, after enrolling in a graduate program, you decide to move into another program (change majors), this requires that you apply to the new program by going online to complete a new application. Again, you will not have to resubmit supporting credentials for the new application (unless required by the new program area) but you will be required to submit a new application and pay the $30.00 application fee.

What if I decide to earn a graduate certificate while also enrolled in my master’s degree at UCF?

If you decide to earn a UCF graduate certificate during your master’s degree program, you must file a separate online application for admission to the certificate program and then a separate form at the conclusion of the certificate program to graduate.