Learn with Dr. Enrique A. Puig
Dr. Enrique A. Puig is known internationally for his expertise in literacy coaching (K-12). With over 30 years of teaching and coaching experience, Enrique has led schools in transforming teacher and student learning. He is the co-author of several books including The Literacy Coach: Guiding in the Right Direction; and he serves as the director of the Morgridge International Reading Center and is past president of the Florida Literacy Coaches Association.
During this institute, you will:
- Examine how your coaching is shaped through your language and beliefs
- Examine foundational themes of coaching and how they impact your work with teacher-colleagues
- Examine the role of the coach in a multi-tier system of support (Response to Intervention/Instruction)
- Turn the language of the Common Core State Standards into explicit statements and units of professional learning to meet the needs of teacher-colleagues.
- Improve data interpretation to impact instruction
- Help nurture district capacity for coaching (working with district infrastructure)
- Learn to apply coaching skills to your current and future assignments
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge in effective instructional practices, classroom management, formative assessment, and solution-seeking process
- Read, write, reflect, and talk
- The Literacy Coach: Guiding in the Right Direction, 2nd ed., Puig & Froelich, 2011
- The Literacy Leadership Team: Sustaining and Expanding Success, Froelich & Puig, 2010
- Teaching for Comprehension and Fluency, K-8, Fountas & Pinnell, 2006
- Reflective Journal
- Event bag
Who Should Attend
This professional learning opportunity is designed for Florida literacy coaches, academic coaches, instructional coaches, and district personnel responsible for providing professional learning opportunities.
Pre-register using the online form
Space is limited; register early to ensure your space is secured. A confirmation email will be sent after registration with a payment link. Payments are due upon receipt of email via check, credit card, and/or purchase order. Registrations, though nonrefundable, are transferable. Contact MIRC at 407 882-6472 for more details.
- Professional Development
- UCF parking
- Certificate of Participation
- Florida Literacy Coaches Association membership
Professional Learning Dates/Times:
- Monday, June 24, 2013 (12:00 pm - 5:00 pm)
- Tuesday, June 25, 2013 (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
- Wednesday, June 26, 2013 (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
- Thursday, June 27, 2013 (9:00 am - 4:00 pm)
- Friday, June 28, 2013 (9:00 am - 12:00 pm)
Travel and Lodging:
- Registration fee for the MIRC Literacy Coach Re-Boot Camp does not include travel and hotel accommodations.
- All travel and lodging expenses are the responsibility of the attendees and/or their sponsoring Local Education Agency. We encourage carpooling.
- Reservations should be made directly with the hotel. All rates may change and are subject to availability. Some rates include parking and other services. Participants are asked to inquire about these services when making reservations. Do not make non-refundable travel arrangements until you have received a confirmation email from MIRC.
- Click here for a list of UCF area hotels.
For further information, contact Sandra McCall, Coordinator, .