Department: School of Teaching, Learning, and Leadership
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA
- Complete the University General Education requirements or its equivalent, i.e. an AA degree from an approved Florida community college or state university
- Students should see an advisor prior to registering for classes
- Students must complete 18 SH of courses in Science as co-requisites.
- At least 12 hours in the minor must be earned at UCF
- This minor is intended for non-Science Education majors. It is well-suited for students majoring in another secondary content area or as an area for students enrolled in Interdisciplinary Studies.
Credit Hour Requirements (19 hrs)
- EDG 4410 Teaching Strategies and Classroom Management 3 hrs
- EDF 4467 Learning Theory and Assessment 3 hrs
- TSL 4080 Theory and Practice of Teaching ESOL Students in Schools 3 hrs
- RED 4043 Content Reading Kindergarten through Grade 12 3 hrs
- SCE 4360 Science Instructional Analysis 4 hrs
- SCE 4361 Programs in Teaching Science 3 hrs