English Language Arts Education
Department: School of Teaching, Learning, and Leadership
- Have a minimum 2.5 overall GPA
- Complete the University General Education requirements or its equivalent, i.e. an AA degree from an approved Florida community college or state university
- Students should see an advisor prior to registering for classes
- At least 12 hours used in the minor must be earned at UCF.
- Students must complete 18 SH of courses in English as co-requisites.
- This minor is intended for non-English Language Arts Majors. It is well-suited for students majoring in another secondary content area or as an area for students enrolled in Interdisciplinary Studies.
Credit Hour Requirement (18 hrs)
- EDG 4410 Teaching Strategies and Classroom Management 3 hrs
- EDF 4467 Learning Theory and Assessment 3 hrs
- TSL 4080 Theory and Practice of Teaching ESOL Students in Schools 3 hrs
- RED 4043 Content Reading Kindergarten through Grade 12 3 hrs
- LAE 4360 English Instructional Analysis 3 hrs
- LAE 4464 Introduction to Adolescent Literature OR 3 hrs
- LAE 4342 Teaching Language/Composition