Educational Leadership, Ed.D. - Executive
Department: School of Teaching, Learning, and Leadership
The University of Central Florida’s College of Education is one of the elite institutions participating in the Carnegie project to redesign the Education Doctorate. Graduates of the Executive Ed.D. in Educational Leadership will be prepared as school leaders with an emphasis on their abilities to utilize relevant research, provide leadership, promote effective communication, and effectively use their comprehensive understanding of task, structure, technology, and people as they relate to the operation of schools and educational organizations.
The Executive Ed.D. in Educational Leadership:
- Equips scholar practioners with the competencies and skills to connect research to practice.
- Serves teachers and administrators who wish to develop knowledge and skills of effective leadership.
- Includes cohorts for 3 calendar years or 9 semesters (54 credit hours). Satisfactory academic performance will provide for on-time graduation.
- Structured for completing Ed.D. in 3 years.
- Provides the opportunity to work with experienced educational leaders, authors, and researchers as instructors and advisors.
- Makes possible learning and networking as a member of a cohort of scholar practioners.
- Utilizes a school educational organization advisory council to keep apprised of the current and developing challenges facing educational leaders.
- Includes a client based field study experience, guided by educational leadership faculty.
- Provides a 54 hour course of study essential for 21st century leadership.
Click here for requirements.