Educational Leadership, Ed.D. - Higher Education
Department: Department of Child, Family, and Community Sciences
The Higher Education track in the Educational Leadership Ed.D. program has been designed to broaden the administrative knowledge and skills of higher education professionals who bring to the program a prior discipline specialization. Students admitted to the program are typically employed in teaching, research and administrative positions in community colleges and universities or education related agencies.
Ed.D. Curriculum has been revised effective FALL 2016.
Students who were admitted prior to this point that want to change their catalog (plan of study) may do so by contacting their advisor and completing the required steps.
Ed.D. Catalog 2016-2017* and beyond
Ed.D. Catalog 2015-2016* and prior years
*Catalog year refers to the year you were admitted or started the program
For information on general UCF graduate admissions requirements that apply to all prospective students, please visit the Admissions section of the Graduate Catalog. Applicants must apply online. All requested materials must be submitted by the established deadline.
In addition to the general UCF graduate application requirements, applicants to this program must provide:
- One official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each college/university attended.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale) in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate degree.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale) for all graduate work at the time of application.
- Official, competitive GRE score, taken within the last five years.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Goal statement.
- Evidence of a minimum of one year full-time or two years part-time professional higher education work experience. Evidence may include, but not be limited to, any one of the following: work experience listed on the resume/CV with confirmation email/tel, letter of reference, or copies of annual reviews, etc.. (Please note that graduate assistantships, teaching assistantships, internships and practica do not fulfill this requirement.)
- An interview might be required.
Please email: HEPS@ucf.edu for more information.