The Fall deadline for applying for the Florida Fund for Minority Teachers Scholarship is August 1, 2012. Please carefully review the eligibility requirements before submitting your application. If you have any questions, please contact Caroline Marrett at: or at (407) 823-4409.
Minority Teacher Recruitment and
Retention Program (MTRRP)was established in 1990. The purpose of the program is to respond to the critical shortage of culturally diverse teachers. It is designed to recruit and retain culturally diverse students as they prepare for a career in teaching. MTRRP provides future educators with mentors, financial assistance, academic support, and professional development.
- Recruit and retain culturally diverse students interested in careers in teaching.
- Promote academic excellence and foster professional development.
- Encourage community involvement and commitment.
- Create a faculty/student relationship through mentorship
Scholars in Minority Programs in Education are expected to:
- Attend monthly mandatory MTRRP events.
- Complete 20 hours of volunteer service (for each semester the scholarship is received).
- Exhibit and maintain professional behavior on campus and in the community
- Maintain at least a 2.5 overall and semester grade point average.
- Maintain full-time status.
- Meet with an assigned mentor at least twice a semester.
- Submit all required MTRRP documentation each semester prior to the withdrawal deadline.